Recipe by BeachGirl
These scrumptuous shrimp look and taste as if they have been deep-fried! Recipe makes eight servings, but they are so wonderful four people can easily devour them. They make an unusual grilled appetizer!
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined,leaving tails on
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place skewers in water and let them soak at least 20 minutes or until you are ready to use them.
- Rinse and dry shrimp.
- Put both oils in resealable plastic bag; add shrimp and toss to coat them with oil.
- Add bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Toss shrimp to give them a coating of dry mixture.
- (You're wondering how the breading is going to stay adhered to the shrimp, right? Fear not- that's what the next step accomplishes).
- Seal bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- (Do not skip this step).
- Thread shrimp on wet skewers.
- Grill on HOT grill for 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Do not overcook.