These scrumptuous shrimp look and taste as if they have been deep-fried! Recipe makes eight servings, but they are so wonderful four people can easily devour them. They make an unusual grilled appetizer!
- Place skewers in water and let them soak at least 20 minutes or until you are ready to use them.
- Rinse and dry shrimp.
- Put both oils in resealable plastic bag; add shrimp and toss to coat them with oil.
- Add bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Toss shrimp to give them a coating of dry mixture.
- (You're wondering how the breading is going to stay adhered to the shrimp, right? Fear not- that's what the next step accomplishes).
- Seal bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- (Do not skip this step).
- Thread shrimp on wet skewers.
- Grill on HOT grill for 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Do not overcook.
Amazing! Shrimp turned out very nicely and breading did not fall off! Very good with cherry tomatoes. Thanks!
Very good! I used more garlic and I also used lots of fresh basil. The breacumbs I used was the Italian. I let this set in the fridge for most of the day. Very good!
Made this for dinner last night and it was great! We wanted something other than shrimp and pasta, or shrimp scampi. This recipe was so easy and my husband & I loved it! I added onion, cherry tomatoes and green & red peppers to the skewers. We live in an apartment and can't grill so I put them in the broiler. Nice change from our usual shrimp meals!