Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light I haven't tried yet, posting for safe keeping.
orange pomegrante marinade divided
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large oranges
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- Combine 1/2 cup Pomegranate-Orange Dressing and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut each orange into 8 wedges; cut each wedge crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken and orange pieces alternately onto each of 16 (10-inch) skewers. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done, basting occasionally with remaining 1/2 cup Pomegranate-Orange Dressing. Place kebabs on a platter; sprinkle with mint.
- Pomegranate-Orange Dressing (makes 1 1/2 cups) serving size 1 tablespoon.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses.
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind.
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1/4 cup extravirgin olive oil.
- Combine all ingredients except oil, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk until well combined.
- Note: Refrigerate dressing in an airtight container for up to five days; stir well before using.