Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a Home Cooking Magazine (Sept./Oct. 2005). The additional ingredients really jazz up a plain can of green beans. This dish would be perfect for company - yet it's easy enough for anytime! I've adjusted the original recipe slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill a shallow 9X13-inch baking dish with about 1/4-inch of water.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato; If the tomato doesn't sit up straight, then slice a very thin amount off the bottom so they sit flat without rolling around.
- Scoop out the inside of the tomatoes and discard. I use a mellon baller for this task, but perhaps a small spoon or grapefruit spoon would work too.
- Rinse out tomatoes and lay them on paper towels upside down to drain.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat lemon juice, olive oil, garlic salt and oregano for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add green beans and black olives to the saucepan; toss to coat.
- Fill tomato shells with green bean mixture.
- Place tomato shells in the prepared baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for about 15 minutes until heated throughout.