Recipe by FloridaNative
Sun-dried tomatoes are a favorite of ours, so this dip was a must. You can buy herb-flavored goat cheese and experiment with different flavors. NOTE: Gently fold the olives and tomatoes into the cheese mixture; over-mixing may turn the spread an unappetizing purplish pink color. From "WW 5-Ingredient-15 Minute Recipes" and = 1 point. Served on 1 melba toast round = 2 points.
Top Review by Boomette
I omitted the salt. That's the only thing I changed. It's so yummy. But I'm curious to try with sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. Thanks FloridaNative :) Made for PAC Spring 2010
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese (2 ounce package)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH one (1) minute or until water boils. Remove from microwave;' cover with plastic wrap and let stand 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, place cheese in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 15 seconds or until soft. Add sour cream and salt; stir until well blended. Fold in olives.
- Drain tomatoes; finely chop, and fold gently into goat cheese mixture.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.