Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can double the recipe, add more garlic, use basil rather than oregano, try adding the cayenne pepper in the mixture itself for some added kick. Serve with toasted pita, cucumber slices, black olives, ect.
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped and firmly packed fresh oregano leaves
- cayenne pepper, for sprinkling on top
- leaf oregano (to garnish)
- Mix together the feta, garlic, and chopped oregano, until it becomes a somewhat smooth yet lumpy consistency.
- Serve with whatever you like for dipping.
I made a reduced amount of this spread for our weekly appetizer night and wished I had made more. I did find it hard to make a spreadable consistency so added plain yogurt a tablespoon at a time to thin it a bit. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
Just fixed this for a snack and the flavors went very well together. My feta cheese was VERY dry so you could not spread the mixture. So I'd like to add some type of moisture, just not sure what to use to make it hold together. (Olive oil maybe?) We also enjoyed the sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Just a little hint of how I put this on cucumbers, I halved the cucumber then cleaned out the seeds, halved it again length wise and filled each quarter with the cheese mixture. YUM!! Thanks for a nice recipe. Made for Zaar World Tour 2006