Recipe by Chef Dudo
This is a light and easy summer salad. Have made it many times since I found it a while ago in a recipebinder. The recipe can of course be doubled or trebled for a crowd. What I mostly like about it is the twang and yet sweetness of the balsamic vinegar plus that the amount of oil is not overpowering. But that is a personal preference.
Top Review by rpgaymer
I'm not crazy about cold pasta salads, but this was great. I did change the ingredient amounts around though, and used agave syrup instead of sugar. I also left out the cheese, and added chopped anchovies. It was the perfect addition! If you like anchovies, try it.
- 1 cup fusilli, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the packet.
- Drain and let cool.
- Mix pasta with the onion, tomato, celery, basil, olives and capers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, sugar and vinegar.
- Gradually beat in the oil until an emulsion forms.
- Pour this vinaigrette over the pasta mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill the salad in the refrigerator.
- When it is cold, mix in the mozzarella.