1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Fusilli Pasta Salad
Chef Dudo's Note:
This is a light and easy summer salad. Have made it many times since I found it a while ago in a recipebinder. The recipe can of course be doubled or trebled for a crowd. What I mostly like about it is the twang and yet sweetness of the balsamic vinegar plus that the amount of oil is not overpowering. But that is a personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fusilli, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1Cook the pasta according to directions on the packet.
- 2Drain and let cool.
- 3Mix pasta with the onion, tomato, celery, basil, olives and capers.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, sugar and vinegar.
- 5Gradually beat in the oil until an emulsion forms.
- 6Pour this vinaigrette over the pasta mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Chill the salad in the refrigerator.
- 8When it is cold, mix in the mozzarella.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Fusilli Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 314.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: