Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from the Holiday 2009 issue of Chatelaine
- 1 small cooked potato, peeled
- 1 green onion
- 1 plum tomato
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Light coat a 8in square pan with oil.
- Grate potato.
- Thinly slice onion diagonally.
- Cut tomato into rounds.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with seasonings.
- Add potato and onion.
- Crumble in feta, stir until mixed.
- Turn into baking dish and stir to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Top with tomato rounds.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven until middle is set, about 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes then slice and serve.
This is a great, weeknight meal. It went together very quickly and the whole family really enjoyed it. Unlike most fritattas, it didn't require any stovetop cooking--just mix and bake. I served it with a tomato, cucumber and onion salad for a delicious and healthy dinner. My oldest DS asked that this be put in the regular meal rotation. Thanks for posting Sam!