Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I clipped this recipe from the newspaper, but haven't got around to trying it yet. It seems fairly easy to throw together and yet the addition of shrimp makes it a little more special. NOTE: Cooking time does not include time to boil the potatoes
- 1⁄8 bunch fresh marjoram
- 1⁄8 bunch fresh parsley
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb new potato, boiled and sliced
- 12 shrimp, peeled & deveined (21-25 count)
- Preheat oven to 350*. Finely chop marjoram leaves and parsley. Combine with the eggs and salt & pepper, beating lightly.
- In a 10" ovenproof skillet, saute the onion & garlic in the olive oil until soft. Add the green pepper and potatoes, heating through.
- Place the shrimp in the pan, arranging 3 in each quarter. Pour the eggs over all.
- Bake @ 350* for 30 minutes, or until the eggs set.
- Cool 5 minutes, then turn out onto a platter. Cut into quarters to serve.