Recipe by Schnecke
Just a basic frittata, a la my New Jersey roots. Good strong flavors really round this one off. Enjoy!
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 250 g frozen spinach
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted & halved
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated gouda cheese (any strongly-flavored hard cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup grated gouda cheese (any strongly-flavored hard cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on broiler to high.
- Dice & cook onion in a small amount of oil until clear. Set aside.
- Cook spinach in a small amount of water until partially thawed. Add chopped tomato and cook until most of the liquid has been driven off.
- While you let the spinach & tomato cook, mix eggs, milk, garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and oregano with a whisk in a bowl. Add onions, olives, and (eventually) spinach & tomato mixture. Mix in 1 1/4 cup grated cheese.
- Add oil and egg mixture to a deep large frying pan. Cook over low/medium heat about 15 minutes, until bottom and side of frittata are firm. Scatter last 1/4 cup cheese over the top.
- Cover handle with foil and transfer to broiler. Broil until top is cooked and browned, about 10 minutes.