Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was tired of making the same things over and over to take for a picnic lunch. I decided to try to make something special for my friend's birthday lunch picnic at the beach. It needed to be something that would travel well and needed no ovens, grills, etc. to prepare. It was a real hit. My birthday friend was more pleased with the meal than her birthday present!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, roasted with garlic (#26231)
- 5 ounces spinach, sauteed with garlic & lemons (#84325)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, sauteed in olive oil
- 1 red onion, quartered sliced thin & sauteed in olive oil until it begins to carmelize
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into small bite size pieces sprinkled with oregano & paprika, & roasted in olive oil
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 -8 jumbo eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Roast grape tomatoes according to recipe directions. Remove tomatoes and garlic (reserving oil) from pan and place in a 9x13 clear glass casserole dish.
- Place potatoes pieces in leftover tomato oil (may need to add 1-2 Tbl more oil) and roast at 350 degrees about ½ hour until crisp and cooked. Add to tomatoes in casserole dish.
- Meanwhile in 2 separate fry pans prepare onion and mushrooms. Add to casserole dish, making certain that all ingredients are evenly distributed. Add Kalamata olives.
- (May be prepared ahead until this point and refrigerated) Bring to room temperature (or microwave 1 minute).
- Prepare spinach (#84325).
- Distribute evenly over casserole.
- Evenly distribute Feta cheese.
- Beat together eggs and milk and pour evenly over casserole ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. May be served warm or at room temperature.