Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
A dear friend gave me this delicious frittata recipe. It is wonderful to serve for a Saturday breakfast when you can sit and enjoy and your meal and not rush out the door in order to miss the morning traffic.
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 9 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 113.39 g packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 78.07 ml fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the first four ingredients in hot oil in a 10" oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until vegetables are tender.
- Combine eggs and next four ingredients, pour over vegetables in skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 10-12 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 5-1/2" from heat with oven door partially open 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Cut frittata into wedges.
What a delightful meal! I used a little less oil, otherwise made as directed. Absolutely loved all that fresh basil with all those veggies and the feta. Easy to make and full of flavor - thanks for sharing a keeper!
This is amazing. The flavor is perfect. I didn't tweak it, whatsoever. That has got to be a first! This will be in our rotation of meatless EGGSiting dinner dishes. The timing was spot on as well. Just perfect.
Tasty! Beautiful combination of flavours and it was much enjoyed as a light dinner. I thought the quantity of olive oil may have been a little too much at first but using a good quality one it really added to the dish and kept it all nice and moist.