Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A dear friend gave me this delicious frittata recipe. It is wonderful to serve for a Saturday breakfast when you can sit and enjoy and your meal and not rush out the door in order to miss the morning traffic.
Top Review by loof
What a delightful meal! I used a little less oil, otherwise made as directed. Absolutely loved all that fresh basil with all those veggies and the feta. Easy to make and full of flavor - thanks for sharing a keeper!
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 9 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the first four ingredients in hot oil in a 10" oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until vegetables are tender.
- Combine eggs and next four ingredients, pour over vegetables in skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 10-12 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 5-1/2" from heat with oven door partially open 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Cut frittata into wedges.