Wonderful one-dish meal, low in fat and calories. This is also great with 1 cup of zucchini thrown in while sauteing onion. From the 300-calorie One-Dish Meal Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 drops hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 lb flounder fillets
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Coat a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet with a low-calorie cooking spray.
- 3Add olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion, garlic, and celery and cook about 3 minutes. Add tomato, capers, parsley, salt, black pepper, hot sauce, wine, water, and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly, and simmer 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Add fish and spoon sauce over it.
- 6Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until fish is opaque in the center.
- 7Remove fish to a serving platter. Arrange pasta around fish. Sprinkle pasta with Parmesan cheese and a bit of black pepper, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Flounder
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 283.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 28.7 g