Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Soup or stew? Light and delicious, it's a bit of both.
Make and share this Mediterranean Fish Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- clam juice, 1 bottle
- 5 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb cod fish fillets or 1 lb other white fish, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green olives (cut in 2 if large)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Cook onion and garlic in wine until soft.
- Add bay leaf, clam juice, water and potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle fish with lemon juice and add to broth.
- Continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, capers and olives and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt& pepper to taste and sprinkle with parsley.
Oh my goodness- this stew is delicious! My fiance and I each had about 4 bowls full for dinner. I added a few celery ribs and sliced mushrooms for extra flavor (and they needed to be used). The combination of the broth, fish, tomatoes, olives and capers is fabulous. I will definitely make this again, so easy and so good! Thanks SusanJM!