Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favourite ways to serve fish.Very colourful!
- 40 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 5 ml minced garlic
- 1 green pepper, cored and seeded and sliced into rings
- 4 large tomatoes, skinned and sliced
- 10 ml basil
- salt and pepper
- 4 hake steaks (or any other firm fleshed fish)
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 62 ml dry white wine
- Heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the green pepper rings and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place half in a casserole dish.
- Arrange half of the basil and salt and pepper.
- Place fish steaks on top, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add rest of the tomato slices, basil and onion and pepper mixture.
- Pour in the wine.
- Cover and cook for 30-35 minutes at 180ºC.