Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb cod fish fillet, cubed
- Place onion, green bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives, orange juice, wine, bay leaves, dried basil, fennel seeds, and pepper into a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cook 15 to 30 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Variation: If you prefer a heartier soup, add more fish.
- Add white fish or cod to slow cooker 45 minutes before serving.