Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Place onion, green bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives, orange juice, wine, bay leaves, dried basil, fennel seeds, and pepper into a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cook 15 to 30 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Variation: If you prefer a heartier soup, add more fish.
- Add white fish or cod to slow cooker 45 minutes before serving.