Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from family circle.
Make and share this Mediterranean Fish Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb small white potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 large italian frying bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 (5 ounce) cod fish fillets (recommend US pacific caught) or 2 (5 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F Grease an oval 2-quart casserole dish with
- tablespoon of the olive oil. Spread potatoes and peppers over bottom of the dish. Season with 1/8 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Scatter garlic over potatoes and peppers. Season fish with remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper and place on top of the potatoes. Distribute olives and tomatoes over the casserole. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Fairly simple to make and tastes great. I was trying to look for a healthy fish recipe and I found one.