1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Fish Casserole
A delicious fish casserole with mushrooms, tomatoes, basil and parmesan. You can add shrimps between fish roll-ups if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g flat fish fillets (1 1/2 pounds, plaice, sole etc)
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125 g cream cheese with herbs (4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 250 g medium sized mushrooms (9 ounces, quarter)
- 4 medium tomatoes (deseeded, skin removed and roughly chopped) or 400 g canned tomatoes, drained and chopped (14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- shrimp (optional)
- 2If your fish fillets are large, you need to cut them in half (vertically). They should be easy to be rolled.
- 3Drizzle lemon juice over the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the cream cheese onto the outer shiny side of fish.
- 4Roll up fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Into a buttered heatproof casserole add quartered mushrooms.
- 7Place tomatoes on top of mushrooms.
- 8Add 1 tbsp of parsley and 1 tbsp of basil to the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 9Place rolled fish on top of tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 10Place optional shrimps between fish rolls.
- 11Provencal Topping:.
- 12Mix all ingredients except oil/butter.
- 13Cover the fish with Provencal topping.
- 14Drizzle with oil or sprinkle with butter flakes.
- 15Bake for 20 minutes in a 220°C / 430°F preheated oven.
- 16Serve with buttered boiled potatoes sprinkled with chives.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Fish Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.7
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 617.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with herbs