From Food Reference Website, put here to add to my collection of yummy fig recipes!
My Private Note
per per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 12 medium fresh figs, divided
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper (or mix of red and green)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1In small saucepan, combine the figs and marinade ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, cut eggplant lengthwise into quarters. Slice one quarter crosswise into thin wedges, about ¼-inch thick. Cut pepper and onion into 1½-inch squares. Remove figs with slotted spoon, reserving marinade and two figs. For the kebabs, alternate eggplant, onion, pepper and figs on skewers. Set aside and prepare dressing.
- 3Dice the two reserved figs and combine them with ¼ cup reserved marinade; add to Citrus Dressing.
- 4Grill or broil kebabs 5 inches from heat source, brushing with remaining marinade and turning every 3 minutes. Grill for 6 to 10 minutes or until eggplant is soft.
- 5Toss lettuce with remaining dressing; place on 4 plates. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts then top with kebabs. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Fig Kebabs on Mixed Greens
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.1
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 346.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens