Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Food Reference Website, put here to add to my collection of yummy fig recipes!
Make and share this Mediterranean Fig Kebabs on Mixed Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 12 medium fresh figs, divided
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper (or mix of red and green)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios, chopped and toasted
- In small saucepan, combine the figs and marinade ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut eggplant lengthwise into quarters. Slice one quarter crosswise into thin wedges, about ¼-inch thick. Cut pepper and onion into 1½-inch squares. Remove figs with slotted spoon, reserving marinade and two figs. For the kebabs, alternate eggplant, onion, pepper and figs on skewers. Set aside and prepare dressing.
- Dice the two reserved figs and combine them with ¼ cup reserved marinade; add to Citrus Dressing.
- Grill or broil kebabs 5 inches from heat source, brushing with remaining marinade and turning every 3 minutes. Grill for 6 to 10 minutes or until eggplant is soft.
- Toss lettuce with remaining dressing; place on 4 plates. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts then top with kebabs. Enjoy!