Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this off the back of some store-brand fettucine noodles and gave it a try. Dh said to make sure I kept the recipe! It is very rich and I usually decrease the salt and dried basil to help that a bit, and I thinned it down just a bit with milk, but otherwise it's a fancy-looking dish with very little effort.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 12 ounces medium shrimp (uncooked, peeled, & deveined)
- Combine sour cream, feta, red pepper, salt, garlic, and basil.
- Set aside.
- Cook fettucine according to pkg directions, but after first 8 minutes, add spinach and shrimp to boiling water/pasta.
- Boil 2 more minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Add hot pasta/shrimp mixture to sour cream mixture; toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
This was a great dish! I served it at my book club luncheon and no one believed I made it - they thought I had ordered takeout!! No one would leave until I gave them the recipe. I did made a few changes tho, I used basil-tomato feta cheese, added parmesan cheese and scallions and lots of red pepper flakes.
This made a delicious dinner for us tonight. I did substitute drained plain yogurt for the sour cream and fresh spinach for frozen, and added 2 tomatoes I wanted to use up. I also cut back on the salt because my feta cheese was very salty. This went together so quickly that dinner was ready almost half an hour early! Thank you, winkki, for an excellent recipe. I'll definitely make it again.
Very nice recipe. I used spaghetti instead of the fettuccine. Personal preference. :)