Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is a yummy dip I found on the RR website. ;) Looking forward to trying this for a dinner party this weekend!
Top Review by Paris D
This is delicious! We had to make some changes because we ran out of some things. We used 1/4 c. half-and-half instead of 1/2 c. milk because we discovered that our milk was bad when we got ready to measure it. Also, we only had about 2/3 c. feta cheese left, so we put all of that in. I'm actually glad that's all we used because I think I would have found the feta flavor overpowering had we used the specified amount. Lastly, rather than roasting the red pepper and using it for garnish, I roasted it and just threw it into the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Next time, I might cut back on the hot sauce. I like the heat it imparts, but the flavor is too prominent. I also think that I will throw the kalamata olives in with the rest of it next time, rather than using them for garnish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled (plain or with Mediterranean herbs)
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 3 -4 sprigs oregano leaves, fresh stripped from stems
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, chopped, for garnish
- 2 English seedless cucumbers, Sliced for dipping (as many as needed)
- lavash bread, for dipping (or other Crispy flat breads)
- pita bread, sliced for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine feta, milk, walnuts, oregano, pepper, lemon juice and hot sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop the feta dip with a spatula from the processor into a serving bowl and garnish with red pepper and olives.
- Serve with crispy flat breads, cut pitas and cucumbers for dipping.
- Enjoy! ;).