Recipe by LaJuneBug
From the San Giorgio box. The red wine vinegar makes this a sweet pasta salad. The beans makes this a satisfying light meal.
Top Review by cyaos
This was quite good and very easy to make. I did add pepper but skipped the salt as we are not fans. I also added five cloves of garlic and made it to sit overnight which gave the flavours time to meld. This will be a nice light meal come summertime that we will have again. Next time I would add cilantro in place of the parsley for more flavour. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 6 cups farfalle pasta, uncooked
- 1 (7 ounce) container roasted red peppers or 1 (7 ounce) container pimientos, drained and sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta for 11 minutes (al dente) to 12 minutes. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine roasted red pepper, onion, parsley, vinegar, and garlic.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in oil.
- Add cooled pasta, beans, and seasoning; toss lightly until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate 2 hours.