Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Adapted from Huey's recipe of the same name. Huey (Iain Hewitson) is an Australian chef who has written several books and whose highly popular TV cooking show appears twice daily. A tasty breakfast or brunch dish.
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 200 g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 6 basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cream, low fat is fine
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 slices country bread (thick slices)
- 4 slices prosciutto
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and oil in a large non-stick pan and sauté the tomatoes and mushrooms, until they begin to soften (about 2-3 minutes).
- At the same time, beat together the eggs, basil, cream, seasonings and parmesan with a fork; then add them to the tomatoes and mushrooms and scramble.
- Grill or toast the bread and panfry the prosciutto in a little oil (preferably in a non-stick pan) until crisp.
- To serve, place a piece of bread on each plate and top with the scrambled eggs and then the prosciutto. Garnish with a sprig of basil.