Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Two really easy and quick dips with Mediterranean origins.
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 plum tomato
- 4 ounces olives, ripe (also to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, any kind
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces hummus
- baked pita chips
- Place cucumber, onion, tomato and olives in bowl.
- Stir in olive oil, garlic press and seasoning mix.
- Gently stir in feta cheese.
- Hummus dip: Whisk sour cream and hummus.
- Serve in separate bowls and serve with pita chips.
This is a great combination. I cut this in half and used basil as my italian seasoning. Made for ZWT6 for the Voracious Vagabonds
I thought the salsa was totally awesome!! Loved all the flavors and the feta added just the right kick to make it a little different from other salsas. Lovely!! The hummus was good, but I can't say I could find any noticeable difference with the addition of the sour cream. Served with garlic pita chips!
Sooo easy and yummy! I doubled the recipe and I only got a little taste as I sent this with DH and his friends for their annual "guy's weekend" at the lake! There was none left after the first night according to DH! I sent stacy's pita chips and they loved it! Thanks for posting! Made for The Queens of Quisine ZWT6 Zingo!