Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is a Trader Joe recipe. It is such a delicious dip! I took it to a party and everyone wanted a copy of the recipe. The recipe suggests layering the ingredients into a pie plate or something sized similar. I made the mistake of thinking that was too big for the dip and used a smaller serving dish. By the time I was finished layering the ingredients, it was too full! I served this dip with pita crackers from Trader Joes, but you could use your own favorite dippers. This recipe looks unusual but it is knock out.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
YUM! I made this for a Thanksgiving appetizer and it was well received and I would make it again. I didn't care for the hummus I purchased (I usually either make my own or get it at Trader Joes) so I added equal parts light sour cream and hummus to tone down the bad roast garlic flavors coming through LOL. I also subbed out chopped sundried tomatoes for the carrots and it was AWESOME. Thanks for sharing! Photo forthcoming.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces garlic hummus
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (but RESERVE the liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- pita chips, 1-2 boxes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and hummus; mix well.
- Spread into a pie plate or servewear of similar size.
- Sprinkle olives, feta, artichoke hearts, green onions and carrot - adding each as a layer.
- Drizzle with reserved artichoke marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 12 hours.
- Serve with pita crackers.