Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every Friday at work, we have a trivia quiz and drinks. Nibbles are usually served. This dip was my contribution this week -- and it led to a corn chip fight.
- 150 g feta cheese, I recommend Greek Dodoni
- 50 g tomato chutney (I used Baxter's Mediterranean Chutney)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice (or more)
- 4 -10 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Crumble feta.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and buzz for 30-60 seconds or until everything is combined to your preference.
- Scrape down sides and buzz again briefly.
- If you want a thinner dip, add more lemon juice and buzz again before serving.
- Serve with your choice of Arabic bread, biscuits, crackers and/or raw vegetables.
Yummy! I ate it with some taco chips and ritz. Since I couldn't find tomato chutney, I subbed in Leggy Peggy's Tomato Chili Jam - fantastic! Made for PAC Spring '11
Other than using store bought tomato chutney, and 5 dashes tobasco. made recipe as posted. Really enjoyed the various flavors here with this dip, a feta cheese lovers delight. Enjoyed this with some triscuits during the basketball game, and a cold beer. Made for Recipe Swap #49..
This dip has a wonderfully creamy texture and nice fruity, spicy taste from the chutney. An interesting variation on the traditional chip or crudite dip!
I used Mandy's Recipe #291528 for the chutney and somehow that turned out rather sweet, so next time Ill tone down the sugar in that recipe to make this dip suit our personal taste even more.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this nice dip with us, Peggy!
Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #48 January 2011.