Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's a Greek salad in a bite-sized snack. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of, plus
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 English cucumbers, seedless
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the onion, pepper, tomatoes, olives, oregano, feta, parsley, lemon juice and zest, and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and reserve.
- Peel the cucumbers partially, so it has 4 stripes of skin going down the entire length of the cucumber.
- Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into slices 3/4 of an inch thick -- you should have about 20 pieces.
- Scoop out the center of each slice with a melon baler, leaving a shell of flesh.
- Scoop about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the Mediterranean salad into the cucumber cups and enjoy your refreshing bite-size snack!
These were so delicious and so pretty. Made them to pretty up our Father's Day luncheon and everyone ooohed and aaaahed and then scarfed them down!