Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Skinless chicken thighs crusted with a mixture of saltine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and garlic powder make this a delicious entree you will be proud to serve to family and friends. Found on Allrecipes.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg and cream and beat well.
- In a pie plate or flat bowl, combine cracker crumbs, cheese, basil, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Dip each piece into the egg mixture and then dredge in the crumb mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and fry chicken for 5 minutes per side or until crusty and golden brown.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes or until juices of chicken run clear.