Recipe by Mirj
Another Beth Elon recipe that has become a favorite with us this summer. This is a hefty salad that goes really well with some good farm bread and is a meal in itself. Prep time is mostly chill time.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Mirjam, I am not surprised this has become a favotite in your house, it will be in mine too. What did it for me was the flavor of the dill with the feta. I can see myself using this to stuff pita bread with meat or fallafels. The only different thing I did was removing the seeds from the cucumber!
- 2 -3 cucumbers, sliced into 2 cm slices
- 2 slim green onions, chopped into 3 cm lengths
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 bunch dill, chopped well
- fresh ground pepper
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 1 cup white yogurt
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the cucumbers and the green onions with the juice of lemon, the garlic and dill.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Blend the cottage cheese with the yogurt until you have a fairly smooth consistency.
- Crumble in the feta cheese and mix well.
- Add the cheeses to the cucumbers, and mix well with two forks.
- Taste, and add salt if needed.
- Chill well for at least a few hours, until ready to serve.