Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve as a main course, as a side salad, or use to make awesome crab salad subs!
- 1 lb backfin crab meat, picked over
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 6 cups mixed greens (chef's choice)
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese or 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled and divided
- 2 fluid ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup shallots or 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, shallots or green onions, salt, pepper, and oregano in a large bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Remove and reserve 1/3 cup dressing.
- To the remaining dressing in large bowl, add crabmeat, artichokes, olives, and roasted peppers.
- Place the greens and half of the goat cheese or feta cheese in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle with reserved 1/3 cup dressing and mix lightly until leaves are evenly coated.
This is really delicious and make a great filling for a wrap. I spread the crab salad on the bottom of the wrap and covered it with baby spinach and crumbled feta cheese. My husband told me I have to make this again so it must really be good! I left out the artichokes as I didn't have any on hand and I don't think my husband would have eaten them anyway.
This deserves more than 5 stars--fabulous! I used shallots and feta, roasted a fresh red pepper, and used red-leaf bibb lettuce. Did as exactly as Miller said--and loved every bite of it.