1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Couscous Toss
This is a recipe from Cooking Light. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good! You can use basil, cilantro or mint instead of the sage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3/4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (or 1 tsp of dried sage)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Bring broth to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- 2Gradually stir in couscous.
- 3Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Fluff with a fork.
- 5Combine couscous, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Couscous Toss
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
whole wheat couscous