Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- lemon-oregano vinaigrette
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olives or 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 oz.)
- pita chips
- In a small saucepan, bring water to boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the couscous. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Place couscous in large bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette. Cook for 10 minutes. Add sweet pepper, cucumber, and olives; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with Pita chips.
- (Vinaigrette: 3 T lemon juice, 2 T olive oil, 1 T fresh or 3/4 t dried oregano, 1 T fresh or 1/4 t dried mint).
- (Pita chips: cut in half and each half in 6 wedges. Brush with 1 T olive oil or coat with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 to 1/2 t garlic salt. Bake at 400 for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned).