Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A wonderful salad mix for picnics or lunch.
Make and share this Mediterranean Couscous Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, coarsley diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, coarsley diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup green onions with top, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (more if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced and drained
- 1⁄2 cup celery & leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, seperate leaves
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing (or Greek Vinaigrette)
- Bring broth to boil, add couscous, stir, remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Turn couscous into a large mixing bowl and fluff with a fork. Allow to stand 5 minutes then fluff again. Mix in red and yellow bell peppers, artichokes, chickpeas, green onions, feta chees, olives and celery.
- Pour vinagrette or Greek Vinaigrette over couscous mixture, toss and chill.
- Serve salad on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- See recipe for Greek Vinaigrette.