Chef Jaguar Hawk's Note:
A wonderful salad mix for picnics or lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, coarsley diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, coarsley diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup green onions with top, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (more if you like)
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced and drained
- 1/2 cup celery & leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, seperate leaves
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette dressing (or Greek Vinaigrette)
- 1Bring broth to boil, add couscous, stir, remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- 2Turn couscous into a large mixing bowl and fluff with a fork. Allow to stand 5 minutes then fluff again. Mix in red and yellow bell peppers, artichokes, chickpeas, green onions, feta chees, olives and celery.
- 3Pour vinagrette or Greek Vinaigrette over couscous mixture, toss and chill.
- 4Serve salad on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- 5See recipe for Greek Vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.3
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 421.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat couscous