Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from his website
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh italian tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper
- Pour the boiling water over the couscous in a mixing bowl. Stir, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, stir in the olive oil, then add the other ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
I really enjoyed this! I made it with a another recipe (Recipe #127262) - the Moroccan Marinade - and the two worked extremely well for me. The only things I changed were the whole wheat couscous (didn't have any) and instead of the capers I used sliced green olives. I was excited that no one else was overly thrilled (mainly, the kids) because that means I can freeze it and have myself some terrific meals when I go back to work!
My first time eating couscous, and I am hooked! I made it for an "Arabian Nights" themed party. It was easy and everyone at the party got to experience couscous for the first time, too. It got rave reviews!