1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Couscous and Vegetables
Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours. You can increase the lemon juice and garlic if desired, and the complete recipe can be doubled. Prep time includes 2 hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 chopped fresh garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups canned chick-peas, drained (to taste)
- 1 large firm ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 cup whole pitted black olives, sliced in half (preferably Greek olives)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the chicken broth to boiling.
- 2Add in couscous; remove from heat, cover and set aside for about 10 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 3Meanwhile in a skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- 4Add in zucchini, green and red bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook stirring until veggies are crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes (don't over cook the veggies!).
- 5Stir in the chickpeas, tomato and olives; stir until just heated through.
- 6Transfer the couscous mixture to a large bowl and fluff with a fork.
- 7Add in the veggie mixture with the lemon juice, salt and pepper to the couscous mixture and toss well to combine.
- 8Cover the bowl and refrigerate for minimum of 2 hours or more.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Couscous and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.9
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 957.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 14.3 g