Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours. You can increase the lemon juice and garlic if desired, and the complete recipe can be doubled. Prep time includes 2 hour chilling time.
Top Review by Catte Nappe
This was terrific. The only thing I changed was to omit the onions. I made it to go with some grilled lamb steaks; and then had the leftovers for lunch over several days. Definitely a keeper.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 chopped fresh garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned chick-peas, drained (to taste)
- 1 large firm ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup whole pitted black olives, sliced in half (preferably Greek olives)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the chicken broth to boiling.
- Add in couscous; remove from heat, cover and set aside for about 10 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile in a skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in zucchini, green and red bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook stirring until veggies are crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes (don't over cook the veggies!).
- Stir in the chickpeas, tomato and olives; stir until just heated through.
- Transfer the couscous mixture to a large bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Add in the veggie mixture with the lemon juice, salt and pepper to the couscous mixture and toss well to combine.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for minimum of 2 hours or more.