Recipe by wicked cook 46
Found this recipe in a magazine a few years ago. Don't remember which on. My family loves it. I use a variety of fresh herbs depends on what I have on hand.I also increase the oil and juice ( double) Can be served hot or at room temperature even good chilled. I sometimes add some crumbled feta cheese
Top Review by Shuzbud
Really enjoyed the blend of flavours here. I didn't have any sage so thought basil would work well and it did. I reduced the oil to 3tsp based on a previous review and the dressing was lovely. Thanks for a keeper!
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest (I add more)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil and gradually add coucous. Remove from heat and cover.
- Wait 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- Combine all ingredients except oil and lemon juice.
- Wisk juice and oil pour over mixture and toss gently.
- If using feta add now.