Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine a few years ago. Don't remember which on. My family loves it. I use a variety of fresh herbs depends on what I have on hand.I also increase the oil and juice ( double) Can be served hot or at room temperature even good chilled. I sometimes add some crumbled feta cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest (I add more)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring broth to a boil and gradually add coucous. Remove from heat and cover.
- Wait 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- Combine all ingredients except oil and lemon juice.
- Wisk juice and oil pour over mixture and toss gently.
- If using feta add now.
Really enjoyed the blend of flavours here. I didn't have any sage so thought basil would work well and it did. I reduced the oil to 3tsp based on a previous review and the dressing was lovely. Thanks for a keeper!
Very yummy and with a fresh taste because of all the raw veggies. I omitted the fresh sage cause I didn't have it. I also omitted the lemon zest. I used 1 tomato, diced. I didn't use all the dressing cause my couscous seemed to have too much chicken stock. Thanks Wicked Cook :) Made for Zaar Star Game
A taste salad. This the first time I have seen sage used with couscous and it was a nice change of pace that blend well with the lemon. Made as written and felt it would have benefited form some feta as suggested in the description as an option add on.