Recipe by Kim A. Heaphy
Many years ago I tried this lemon flavoured couscous in a Moroccan restaurant. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I searched for some time to find a few recipes that came close and I have come up with something very close and just as enjoyable for me and my friends!
Top Review by PaulaG
This made a nice addition to recipe #254213. The dish is very colorful and the vegetables add a delicate crunch. The recipe makes generous servings. It was served at room temperature.
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml lemon rind, grated
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper, finely diced
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, finely diced
- 59.14 ml carrot, finely diced
- 59.14 ml red onion, finel diced (optional)
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 236.59 ml couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT couscous in a pot. Bring to a boil uncovered.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in couscous. Let stand 5 minutes, covered.
- Fluff with a fork **Important** or it turns to a brick!
- Can be served hot or chill to make a wonderful salad.