1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Couscous
Kim A. Heaphy's Note:
Many years ago I tried this lemon flavoured couscous in a Moroccan restaurant. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I searched for some time to find a few recipes that came close and I have come up with something very close and just as enjoyable for me and my friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finel diced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 1Combine all ingredients EXCEPT couscous in a pot. Bring to a boil uncovered.
- 2Remove from heat and immediately stir in couscous. Let stand 5 minutes, covered.
- 3Fluff with a fork **Important** or it turns to a brick!
- 4Can be served hot or chill to make a wonderful salad.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 326.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g