Many years ago I tried this lemon flavoured couscous in a Moroccan restaurant. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I searched for some time to find a few recipes that came close and I have come up with something very close and just as enjoyable for me and my friends!
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finel diced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT couscous in a pot. Bring to a boil uncovered.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in couscous. Let stand 5 minutes, covered.
- Fluff with a fork **Important** or it turns to a brick!
- Can be served hot or chill to make a wonderful salad.
This made a nice addition to Lower Calorie Chicken Piccata. The dish is very colorful and the vegetables add a delicate crunch. The recipe makes generous servings. It was served at room temperature.