Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a wonderful salad that will become one of your favorites! I like to make a meal out of it. This doesn't call for tomatoes, but you could put them in if you wish, and you can use red onion rather than the sweet onion. I like to use lemon juice with the olive oil occasionally. This is a very refreshing salad, great for before meals, or a quick lunch.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
It was too hot to cook this week and I made this salad. It was a big hit in my family. I divided the salad and added shrimp as directed to one part and omitted it for the vegetarians for the other part. The pita chips were Parmesan, garlic and herb flavored. I also used green olives since that was what I had on hand. This recipe goes right into my favorites cookbook.
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into thin strips (8 cups)
- 1 lb cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp, cut in half crosswise
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, chopped (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta (about 3 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved
- 2 cups pita chips, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste