Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Susie's Supper Club
Make and share this Mediterranean Chopped Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 grated lemons, zest of
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the lemon zest and juice, oregano, mustard, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a jar, cover tightly, and shake vigorously until emulsified. Alternatively, whisk together all of the ingredients in a bowl until emulsified. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Set aside. (The dressing can be made up to 1 week in advance and stored in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator.).
- Place the arugula in a large serving bowl. In a second large bowl, combine the tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, onion, and mozzarella and toss gently to mix. Pour about 3/4 cup (6 fl oz / 180 ml) of the vinaigrette over the vegetable mixture and toss gently again to coat thoroughly. Taste and add a little more vinaigrette, if needed.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the serving bowl with the arugula, toss gently to combine, and serve.