Recipe by LaJuneBug
From Cooks Illustrated. Cooking time is the cumulative time for two resting periods.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- table salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon) or 1 medium garlic clove, pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 small minced red onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 romaine lettuce, heart cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon salt in colander set over bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and garlic together in large bowl. Add drained cucumber and tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, onion, and parsley; toss and let stand at room temperature to blend flavors, 5 minutes.
- Add romaine and feta; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.