Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooks Illustrated. Cooking time is the cumulative time for two resting periods.
Make and share this Mediterranean Chopped Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- table salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon) or 1 medium garlic clove, pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 small minced red onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 romaine lettuce, heart cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- ground black pepper
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon salt in colander set over bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and garlic together in large bowl. Add drained cucumber and tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, onion, and parsley; toss and let stand at room temperature to blend flavors, 5 minutes.
- Add romaine and feta; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.