Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Heart Healthy recipe. Its so great when we can eat healthy and still have lots of taste!
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, coarse chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- This needs to be served within an hour of preparing. If you need to have stand longer, keep the cukes separate and add at last minute. This is due to the cukes "sweating" and therefore watering down salad.
Very good! I made this for the Happy Harry cookathon with a couple of minor changes, I sprinkled it with feta cheese, we enjoyed this, thanx Jan!
Great palette cleanser and side dish. Just tart enough. I used some great fresh grape tomatoes and fresh basil and that really gave the salad and extra flavor boost.
This is very close to the Shepherd's Salad I love at a Turkish restaurant in Cincinnati. Just add a healthy dose of dill weed and some shredded feta cheese and you've got it! I'm so pleased to be able to make this at home because I can't get to Cafe Istanbul too often. Thanks for a great recipe.