Recipe by PinBox
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I created this recipe a few years ago for my family and we loved it. I was excited to see that there was a contest that actually required the very ingredients I already use to make this. I love the flavor of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and it lends itself perfectly to this recipe. Rotisserie chicken works well for those who do not have time to cook the chicken themselves. I hope you enjoy the flavor and texture combinations as much as we do!
Top Review by cUte Kitty pUnk
MY grandma taught me to make it due or do with out. So, that's what I did. I didn't use Greek yogurt because I had some full fat French kwark to use up. And to be honest I didn't want it too sour so I skipped the sour cream and buttermilk. I did use a squeeze of garlic dressing and I didn't have Ranch mix but I tried to stay with the Mediterranean theme so I used some gyro mix - and then I didn't use chicken but a chicken like vegetarian substitute. <br/><br/>It was good and the surprising thing is my husband who doesn't normally like hummus and garlicky foods, he really liked it. But what I also did differently was used spinach tortilla's and a bit of fresh rucola and I ate mine cold at our picknick lunch, but I heated his warm in the oven - because he's one of those people who doesn't like cold food... he said it was great. I also made one for my friend that we met at the park for lunch - she really liked it too. <br/><br/>I left out the avocado and feta because my husband doesn't like it. I put it in for mine - it was good.
For the Sandwich
- 8 large pita pockets
- 2 cups plain hummus (1/4 cup per wrap)
- 4 cups chicken salad (below, 1/2 cup per wrap)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (1/8 cup per wrap)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
Mediterranean Chopped Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned, boned, cooked, cooled & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup yogurt, dressing (below)
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To assemble wrap.
- Warm pita wraps in microwave or oven. Spread 1/4 cup hummus on each pita wrap. Spread 1/2 cup chicken salad mixture on each pita wrap. Garnish wraps with spinach, tomato, avocado and feta. Drizzle with yogurt dressing and sprinkle with chives.
- To make Chicken salad.
- Mix together chicken, peppers, shallots, cucumber, olives, parsley and mint. Add yogurt dressing (1-1/2 cups to achieve desired texture), to coat mixture lightly, reserving 1/2 cup yogurt dressing to drizzle on wraps before serving (about ¼ cup). Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- To make Yogurt dressing.
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly. Cover and chill for 2 hours.