Recipe by PennyG
This soup is very good and quite easy to make. I received the recipe from my friend Kathy and I'm not sure where she got it from. I love to make this in the fall or winter when it's cool outside.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 1⁄2 ounces chickpeas, canned
- 15 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, canned
- 1⁄2 cup ditalini, uncooked (very short pasta)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute 3 minutes until tender.
- Add water and next 6 ingredients.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook 9 minutes until pasta is tender.
- I have often used small alphabet pasta that I've had in the cupboard.