Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy and light; a combo of a couple of recipes I like...
- 3 (1275.72 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (also called garbanzos)
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 177.44 ml reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced (small)
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 236.59 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 44.37 ml olive oil, extra-virgin
- fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients and stir well. Can eat immediately, but tastes better after refrigerating for several hours.
This is a great salad! It is really flavorful versatile and packs a healthy dose of protein and fiber. was very popular at a party. It packs well for picnics and lunches and stays crisp for 5+ days. It is great plain but can also be put on a bed of lettuce or in a pita pocket, and is great with added leftover chicken. It makes a great main dish and a tasty side dish as well. It is very easy to scale down this recipe. The servings listed are for main course size- if you are going to be using it as a side you will get a lot more servings.