Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
We like to serve this one as a nice dinner salad served on a bed of mixed greens! Cook time is actually chilling time, no cooking required, also makes a quick bean salad to bring to bbq's! Adapted from a WebMD article "The Part-Time Vegetarian"
Top Review by J-Lynn
I was actually surprised at how much my husband ate of this. He's not big on vinegar. I did think it was lacking flavor so I added sugar, salt, and garlic powder. (didn't use fresh garlic)
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, basil and mozz cheese in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil, vinegar and salt over top and toss all ingredients to combine.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour to let flavors blend.
- Serve alone as a side-dish or over a bed of mixed greens.