Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this recipe up when asked to make a dish for a Mediterranean themed dinner party that one of my friend's was hosting. It sort of ended up being a Mediterranean/Indian fusion and pretty tasty if I do say so myself.
- 30 ounces chickpeas (about 2 cans)
- 2 -3 ripe tomatoes, anything that looks good at the store, chopped
- 2⁄3 cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- garlic powder or fresh garlic
- 1 dash garam masala
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- Mix chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion.
- In separate container, whisk together the other ingredients. I never measure my spices exactly; just mix it to your taste. Be generous with garlic and coriander.
- Combine dressing and chickpea mixture, making sure not to mush the tomatoes too much.
- Garnish with cucumber and tomato slices if desired.